How to deal with the realization that you're flaunting your body for money

• Welcome to the AdultHunters forum!

Our forum unites adult industry workers and makes your job safer and faster.

Here you can find both free articles and use the services of verified sellers. It is recommended to conduct any transactions through the forum Middleman!

P.S. Be careful, there are a lot of scammers with fake accounts. AdultHunters administration will never ask you for your login or password from any service!

Keyli

Jan 11, 2024
Webcam modeling is an industry with many secrets. Models are not always confident that their choices will be supported by friends, family, and acquaintances, so they often hide what they do. Moreover, in some countries, webcam modeling is illegal! Let's talk about the risks you might face in this industry and how to stop worrying and start feeling harmony.

Dealing with the Awareness of Exposing Your Body for Money

The first thing you've likely heard is that once something is on the internet, it's there forever. I remember never being entirely sure about the meaning of this phrase, but I always felt fear from it. Now, I can confidently say that I've discovered all the facets of its meaning and more, understanding how to cope with societal pressure in the adult industry.

I have been a webcam model, creating adult content videos, for about five years. For 90% of that time, I diligently kept my occupation a secret from my family and close circle. Even when everyone in our town knew what I did (as well as people in three or four other states and many millions of strangers on the internet), my parents remained oblivious. After I moved to another city to explore new income opportunities, my mother still had no idea about my source of livelihood.

We all have like-minded individuals – for example, many can accurately predict what their parents will say in a given situation. But understanding others well means that in certain situations, you will doubt yourself deep within your subconscious. I think we've all experienced this. No matter how openly I communicate with strangers, I cannot admit to my close ones what I do (although there was a time when I even wanted my parents to know everything and resolve the issue).

A Few Months Ago

You can reassure yourself as much as you want, but any doubt can disrupt inner harmony. Share your occupation with your close ones! Give them a chance to show their true selves. And then act accordingly.

Privacy is a tool to protect yourself from public judgment. Don't succumb to the inner voice repeating the words and intonations of your parents and their friends.

Remember, Nobody is Perfect!

Any display of freedom is rebellion. No matter what you do or which path you choose, there will always be people who disapprove of your choice and try to guide you onto the "right path." Struggling against public opinion is not worth it, as condemnation is just a manifestation of aggression.

You must defend your right to privacy actively and resist anyone trying to limit you. Don't drown in the stream of their bitterness. You don't have to confine yourself with others' fears.

Telling my Mother About my Work was one of the Best Decisions of my Life!

The invisible tight collar – the fear of telling the truth (read: the fear of becoming a social outcast, which is equated to persecution and, in general, social death) – slipped from my neck, and I have never felt freer, happier, and more ambitious because nothing held me back. No restrictions! Although my mother didn't fully support me, I realized that I am loved despite everything. My career choice did not make me worse in the eyes of my parents. I understand they may not appreciate my work, but it's still very gratifying to feel their support. Few models can boast of this.

Even those who have been rejected by their families will say that being a webcam model implies a certain level of fame. You need to be prepared for that. My favorite analogy: it's like tearing off a band-aid or breaking out of a cocoon. A feeling of restriction and darkness, but you break toward the light with all your might... and become a butterfly!

Understand that Nobody has the Right to Dictate the Terms of Your Life

Each of us is free to even order a billboard with our naked photo, and those who find it embarrassing are clearly not themselves. If you've already immersed yourself in the webcam industry, taking action is too late. You can hope that none of your close ones will find out... and you can always prove the opposite, even if your parents suddenly tell you that some distant relative saw you naked on the internet. Just remember that in doing so, you bid farewell to your true freedom and often won't know who truly loves you, nor will you be able to realize some dreams – all this in exchange for immediate profit.

In the end, either you choose what price to pay, or the price chooses you.

I don't have a problem with it at all. I put it out, so what? Anyone who has a problem with that doesn't work in this business.