English vs. Translator. What is better for a sex worker?

• Welcome to the AdultHunters forum!

Our forum unites adult industry workers and makes your job safer and faster.

Here you can find both free articles and use the services of verified sellers. It is recommended to conduct any transactions through the forum Middleman!

P.S. Be careful, there are a lot of scammers with fake accounts. AdultHunters administration will never ask you for your login or password from any service!

Megaol

Other
Jan 14, 2024
Very often, newbie sex workers come to me with the question: "Can I work if I don't know English well?". And it's always challenging for me to give a straightforward answer because I have cases where people with an A2 level earn much more than those with a C1 level, and vice versa. Let's analyze the pros and cons of this dilemma =))

Yes, in some cases, sex workers can use a translator and still earn well. However, this doesn't mean that you won't face difficulties in your work:

Inaccurate translations

Translators may not always accurately convey the meaning and nuances of messages. In some situations, this can lead to misunderstandings and loss of context. I remember a funny story where a sex worker, using a translator, wrote "member" instead of "dick/cock" during sexting. There are many similar situations that a sex worker cannot control due to a lack of language knowledge. Also, errors often occur when a sex worker, in a hurry, does not check the translated text.

Slower response time

Using a translator can significantly slow down the operator's response time due to the need for message translation. This is also something to pay attention to, especially if you have a high traffic flow.

Quality of communication

Language proficiency often improves the quality of communication and the number of sales, as the operator can better understand the needs and expectations of the member. Your sex worker won't be puzzled if they see "hey bb ntmu hru wyd rn," and the number of "what do you mean?" responses for each member's message will decrease.

Being proficient in the English language is indeed a useful thing for a sex worker. However, in my opinion, it's not always decisive; there are many other factors to consider. But let's also consider the advantages of language proficiency:

Effective communication with members

If the operator is proficient in English, it allows them to communicate more effectively. After all, we all joke more funnily in our native language, right? What if you can joke just as cool but in two languages?

Quick reaction

Knowing the English language allows the operator to quickly respond to member requests and questions without the need for a translator. This is especially important during a high influx of members to avoid missing any sales.

Better understanding of context

Language proficiency can help the operator better understand the context of the conversation, emotional nuances, and the member's intentions. This is incredibly important because we sell emotions. If you can understand the member's mood, it will be easier for you to figure out what to sell and whether it's worth it.

Reduced likelihood of errors

Using a translator can lead to misunderstandings or errors in conveying information, especially during customs or everyday discussions with the member. Proficiency in the English language helps avoid such situations.

While translators can be useful tools, let's be honest; not everyone is at a C2 level or close to it. In the end, whether to work with sex workers with a not very high level of English or not is up to you. But I think even among such individuals, there are very good workers who are willing to improve their skills.